- Cook steak on a hot preheated griddle plate, frying pan or grill for: Sirloin, rump or rib eye 2-3cm (¾-1¼") Rare = 3-4 minutes each side Medium = 4-5 minutes each side Well done = 6-7 minutes each side
- Allow steak to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Heat oil in pan and add leeks, onion, garlic and chillies. Cook until starting to soften. Add tomatoes, sugar and vinegar,
- Cook jam for about 10-15 minutes until starting to reduce and becomes a little sticky.
- Serve steak with chilli jam and crispy fried leeks.