- Preheat oven to gas 5, 190ºC, 375ºF.
- Cut the potatoes into chunky chips. Add a little oil to a large tray and spread chips out in a single layer. Cook for 30-40 minutes until crisp and golden.
- 10 minutes before the end of cooking loosely wrap cheese in baking paper and put in oven to soften for about 8-10 minutes.
- Cook steak on a hot preheated griddle plate, frying pan or grill for: Sirloin, rump or rib eye 2-3cm (¾-1¼”) Rare − 3-4 minutes each side Medium − 4-5 minutes each side Well done − 6-7 minutes each side
- Allow steak to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Place the blackberries, cinnamon and honey in a small pan. Heat through for a few minutes until the berries start to soften.
- Serve steak with chunky chips, ‘jam’ & lightly steamed asparagus.