- Preheat oven to Gas 4, 180°C, 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan or casserole pot. Add the Welsh Beef cubes and brown on all sides. Add the leeks and garlic, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the flour and stir well.
- Add the stock, thyme and kidneys. Bring to boil. Place the lid on the pot and place in the oven. Cook for 2 hours until the meat is tender.
- Increase oven temperature to gas 6, 200ºC, 400ºF. Spoon meat into a family sized pie dish (adjust the thickness of the gravy at this stage with a couple of spoonfuls of water – if you desire). Roll out pastry and top pie dish.
- Brush with egg and milk glaze. Return to the oven for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown, risen and puffy.
- Serve with seasonal greens.