- Preheat oven to Gas 4-5, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- In a non-stick pan dry fry beef with onion and potato for 4-5 minutes until browned. Add the carrots, bay leaves, seasoning, gravy granules, water, herbs and courgette. Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Cut the pastry into 4 and roll out to create 4 rough lids.
- Divide the mince mixture between 4 individual pie dishes and top with lids. Place onto a baking tray and brush each pie all over with egg.
- Cook in a preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with seasonal steamed greens.