- With clean washed hands, get stuck into a large bowl and mix together the mince, tomatoes, a handful of torn basil and seasoning . Once it’s thoroughly mixed through, shape into about 14 walnut sized balls.
- Grab a large pan, splash in 15ml of oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook until the ingredients start to soften and turn a light golden brown, then add the paprika and the rice; cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add about half of the stock, stir well and gently place in the meatballs. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for about 15-20 minutes with the lid on, or alternatively you can cover it with foil. Don’t stir until the meatballs have changed colour and have ‘set’ - otherwise your 14 neat meatballs may turn into 28 very messy meatballs.
- Add a little more stock during the cooking as it becomes absorbed by the rice, stir, and then leave to soak up all the flavours. When the rice is cooked, add the cherry tomatoes and the remaining handful of basil.
- Eat. Enjoy. Relax, and then close your eyes.