- Preheat oven to Gas 6, 200ºC, 400ºF.
- Place beef mince into a large bowl. Add the seasoning and mustard, combine well together.
- Shape into about 10-12 golf ball sized balls and place in a baking tin (about 20 x 30cm).
- Place in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Make batter: Place in a large bowl the flour and salt. Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the eggs. Using a whisk start from the centre of the bowl and slowly combine the flour. Add the milk a little at a time to make a smooth, spoonable batter.
- Remove the hot pan from the oven, sprinkle with thyme sprigs and onion slices. Pour over the batter and return to the oven. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the batter is well risen and golden brown.
- Serve with beefy gravy and seasonal greens.