Welsh ‘Beef-Coise’ salad
Share this page
Saturday 6th June 2015
- 2 Welsh beef rump steaks
- Small knob of butter
- 1 cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 6 mini plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 eggs, hard boiled, cooled, shelled and halved
- 30g tin anchovies, drained (use half the tin)
- 50g (2oz) green beans, lightly blanched
- 8 black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 30ml (2tbsp) olive oil
- 30ml (2tbsp) sunflower oil
- 45ml (3tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 5ml (1tsp) mustard
- Pinch sugar
- 30ml (2tbsp) mixed fresh herbs - parsley, dill, mint, chives
- Take steaks and season well on both sides. Place in a hot griddle pan or under a hot grill. Cook: Rare:- 2 minutes each side Medium:- 4 minutes each side Well Done:- 6 minutes each side
- Place steaks on a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Place a small knob of butter on top of each steak. Meanwhile prepare vegetables.
- Lightly toss together in a large salad bowl all the salad ingredients.
- Place dressing ingredients (olive and sunflower oils, vinegar, anchovies, mustard, sugar, seasoning and fresh herbs) into a bowl and whisk together or place in a screw top jar and shake together.
- Slice steaks into thick strips and place on top of the salad. Pour over the dressing and serve.