Welsh Beef and Horseradish Salad
Share this page
Sunday 7th June 2015
- 2 lean beef sirloin steaks (or cooked cold roast beef)
- 225g (8oz) new potatoes, cut in half
- 100g (4oz) green beans
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Black pepper
- 2tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 120ml (8tbsp) crème fraiche
- 1-2tbsp horseradish sauce
- In a pan of boiling water cook new potatoes for 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking time add green beans to the pan. Drain and leave to cool slightly
- Add sliced onion. Meanwhile cook lean beef sirloin steaks on a hot griddle plate sprinkled with black pepper for approximately 8 minutes (for medium done). Alternatively serve the salad with slices of cooked cold roast beef
- Mix parsley with crème fraiche and horseradish sauce. Mix with the cooked potatoes, green beans and red onion, and serve with mixed salad leaves and crusty bread.