Sticky Welsh Lamb Riblets
Great for sharing’ party food and using and often overlooked cut.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c / Gas Mark 4.
- Place the Welsh Lamb breasts in a roasting tin, add the stock and star anise, cover with foil and cook for 1½ hours until fairly tender.
- Remove and cool slightly, then cut down in between each bone to create ribs. Place on oven tray and put back in the oven and increase the temperature to 200°c / Gas Mark 6 – approximately 15 minutes until the fat is crisp. Remove and place on a sheet of baking paper and back on oven tray.
- Make the glaze by combining all the ingredients together. Brush over the top of the riblets and return to the oven for 10 minutes, turn once and brush with the glaze.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and chilli flakes (optional).