Spiced Welsh Beef stuffed pumpkin
Share this page
Saturday 6th June 2015
- 450g (1lb) lean Welsh beef mince
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 courgette, cut into cubes
- 400g can (approx) chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp tikka curry paste
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 2tbsp mango chutney
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large or 3 small pumpkins or squashes, cut lid off and scoop seeds out
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180c or gas mark 4.
- In a large non-stick wok or saucepan dry fry the mince until browned.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Place the pumpkin in the bottom of a deep roasting pan.
- Fill with the mince mixture, add a splash of water to the bottom of the pan and cover the whole pan with foil.
- Cook for 50 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Serve with crusty bread or toasted naans.