Slow Cooker Shoulder of Welsh Lamb with Apricot & Chestnut Stuffing from Fab Food 4 All
- Take the Welsh rolled shoulder of lamb out of the fridge 2 hours before cooking to bring up to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix together the onion, breadcrumbs, apricots, chestnuts, lemon zest, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper to make the stuffing.
- Remove string and unroll the lamb shoulder.
- Spread the stuffing over the lamb and roll back up.
- Tie the shoulder back up with string at equal intervals and finish with an interwoven piece of string along the length.
- Rub in salt and pepper and dust with cinnamon.
- Slice the 3 onions into 4 thick slices and use them to line the bottom of a 6.5 ltr capacity slow cooker.
- Place the lamb on top, replace the lid and cook on high for 3 ½ to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC 20 minutes before the lamb is ready.
- Transfer the lamb to a roasting tin and roast for 25 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- Reduce the temperature of the slow cooker to warm setting to keep the onions & meat juices warm.
- Remove lamb from oven and leave to rest under foil for 30 minutes.
- Carve and serve with gravy (to which you’ve added some of the meat juices), onion slices and vegetables of your choice.
See more of Camilla's recipes at: https://www.fabfood4all.co.uk/