Slow cooked Welsh Lamb Shoulder with sloe gin, plums, ginger and star anise
- Pre-heat oven to Gas 3, 160ºC, 325ºF.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof casserole pan or pot. Add the onions and garlic, then lightly cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the lamb cubes and brown well before adding the seasoning, ginger, star anise, sloe gin, stock and jam. Mix well, then bring to the boil. Place in the oven and cook for about 1½ hours until meat is tender.
- About 30 minutes before the end of cooking add the plums.
- Serve with seasonal ‘greens’ and crusty bread. Then enjoy, slowly.