- Pre heat oven to Gas Mark 4-5, 180°C, 350°F
- Line a roasting pan with a double layer of foil. Place the joint in the pan fat side up. Score deeply in criss cross pattern and rub with ginger, garlic, 5 spice and maple syrup.
- Pour into the pan the pineapple juice and add star anise. Cover the joint with another piece of foil and scrunch foil loosely around the joint.
- Cook for about 1½-2 hours, until meat is tender and soft and can be pulled from the bone – remove the top foil drizzle with a little maple syrup and replace in the oven for 30 minutes to crisp off.
- Serve drizzled with cooking juices with Chinese pancakes & cucumber & spring onion strips as a lunch or starter – or with creamy mash & steamed vegetables as a main.