Slow cooked Welsh Beef with chestnuts and beer
- Pre-heat oven to Gas 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof pan or casserole pot. Add the beef cubes and brown on all sides.
- Add the onion and garlic, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the beer and allow to bubble for 1-2 minutes. Add the flour and stir well.
- Gradually, add the stock, chestnuts and seasoning, – then bring to the boil.
- Place the lid on the pot and place in oven. Cook for 1½-2 hours until the meat is tender. Scatter with Stilton cheese and serve.