Slow cooked Welsh Beef with chestnuts and beer
Share this page
Thursday 4th June 2015
- 450g (1lb) lean Welsh Beef braising steak, cut into chunky cubes
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15g (1tbsp) flour
- 150ml (¼pt) beer
- 150ml (¼pt) beef stock
- 100g (4oz) whole chestnuts,cooked, peeled & ready to use
- 50g (2oz) Stilton cheese, crumbled
- Pre-heat oven to Gas 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof pan or casserole pot. Add the beef cubes and brown on all sides.
- Add the onion and garlic, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the beer and allow to bubble for 1-2 minutes. Add the flour and stir well.
- Gradually, add the stock, chestnuts and seasoning, – then bring to the boil.
- Place the lid on the pot and place in oven. Cook for 1½-2 hours until the meat is tender. Scatter with Stilton cheese and serve.