Slow cooked chunky Welsh Beef with tomatoes chilli and chorizo
Share this page
Saturday 6th June 2015
- 450g (1lb) Lean Welsh beef braising steak, cut into chunky cubes
- 5ml (1tsp) oil
- 2 cloves garlic, squashed
- 25g (1oz) chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 green chilli, cut in half, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 400g (approx) can black eye beans, rinsed and drained
- 30ml (2tbsp) tomato purée
- 8 black olives
- 150ml (¼pt) beef stock
- 400g (approx) can chopped tomatoes
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4-5, 180°C, 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof dish. Add beef cubes and brown all over.
- Add chorizo sausage and cook for 1 minute. Add all remaining ingredients except parsley and stir well, cover with a lid and cook for 1½-2 hours until meat is tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with mashed potato with roughly torn basil stirred through.