Andrew MacKenzie Welsh Lamb koftas with cucumber sauce
Share this page
Sunday 7th June 2015
500g of Welsh Lamb mince
1tsp of coriander seeds, crushed
1tsp of cumin seeds, crushed
2 dried chillies, preferably smoked
10g of mint, chopped
10g of coriander, chopped
4 sprigs of rosemary, large
For the sauce:
1 cucumber, peeled and deseeded
200g of natural yoghurt
10g of mint, julienned
1 pinch of smoked paprika
- Make the koftas by placing all the ingredients (except rosemary) in a bowl and ensure that the spices are evenly incorporated through the mince. Remove the leaves from the rosemary sprigs (leaving a few on the tips for decoration).
- Separate the mixture into 4 and mould it around the rosemary skewers to form a kebab shape. Leave them in the fridge for 30 minutes before cooking.
- When making the dip, thinly slice the cucumber, sprinkle with salt and leave in a colander for 10 minutes. Dry the cucumber and mix with the mint, paprika and yoghurt.
- Chargrill the koftas for 5-6 minutes until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Serve the koftas while hot with a pot of the dip on the side.