Pulled Welsh Beef Mac & Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, lightly grease a baking dish.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water – take off the heat before it gets too soft – drain and add a splash of oil, stir.
To make the cheese sauce:
- Melt the butter, add the flour and cook for a minute, gradually add the milk stirring well to ensure no lumps form
- Bring to the boil and add the seasoning and mustard powder, simmer for 1 minute.
- Take off the heat and add approx. ½ of the cheese, stir well.
- Add the cooked pasta and the beef, stir well.
- Place half in the dish, top with rest of cheddar cheese then remaining pasta mixture.
- In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan and melted butter and sprinkle over the pasta.
- Bake in oven for approx. 25 mins until piping hot and golden.