- First, preheat the griddle, pan or BBQ – it must be hot to cook the perfect steak.
- Use the guidelines below to cook your steak.
- Leg or chump steak 1-2cm (½ - ¾”) thick - 4-6 minutes each side. Timings relate to the thickness of the meat - thicker steaks will need an extra 1-2 minutes each side.
- If you are cooking in a pan and the steak has cooked to your liking, pour in the apple sauce, juice and mint. If you are cooking under the grill or BBQ cook the sauce in separate pan and add before serving.
- Now it’s time to make the apple and mint drizzle -simply add the apple juice, chopped mint and olive oil in a bowl and mix together
- Finally, serve with an apple, red cabbage and spring onion salad – with the apple and mint drizzle.