- Firstly, mix together the garlic, herbs, oil, seasoning, spring onions and paprika – remember to keep 1tbsp of the mixture for later.
- Now, add the steaks and fully cover in the mixture and leave to marinate for about 1 hour in the fridge.
- Next, fire up the griddle, pan or BBQ - it must be hot to cook the perfect steak.
- Based on a 2cm (¾”) thick steak, thicker steaks will need an extra 1-2 minutes each side. Rare - 2 minutes each side Medium - 4 minutes each side Well done - 6 minutes each side
- Using the above guidelines, calculate your desired cooking time and then place the steak into the pan, under a hot grill or over preheated BBQ.
- Mix the saved marinade from earlier and combine with softened butter.
- Finally dollop the butter on top of the steak and allow to melt - serve with seasonal steamed vegetables and boiled new potatoes.