Pan cooked Welsh Beef fillet steak with Brandy Butter
Share this page
Friday 5th June 2015
- 2 Welsh Beef fillet steaks, cut to your desired thickness*
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter
- 1tsp soft light brown sugar
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 3tbsp brandy
- black pepper
- Season the steaks well and place in a preheated hot frying pan. How long you cook each for depends on their thickness: (* 2-3cm – thick) Rare – 3-4 minutes each side Medium – 5-6 minutes each side Well Done – 7-8 minutes each side
- Allow the steaks to rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Add the butter, sugar and vanilla to the pan and allow to melt. Add the brandy, letting it bubble and fizz for 30 seconds, before pouring the sauce over the steaks.
- Serve with asparagus, lightly cooked in the same pan as the steaks and butter, and some new potatoes.