Oriental Welsh Beef topside salad marinated with soy, chilli and mustard
Share this page
Thursday 4th June 2015
- 450g (1lb) Welsh Beef mini topside or top rump joint
- 3tsp soy sauce
- 2tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1tbsp English mustard
- 2 pakchoi heads, roughly chopped
- 2 Chinese leaves, roughly chopped
- 6 Radishes, sliced
- 2.5cm (1inch) Root ginger, peeled and grated
- 50g (2oz) Beansprouts
- 25g (1oz) Cashew nuts
- Mix the marinade ingredients together. Take the joint and place in a dish. Add marinade and thoroughly coat. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC, 350ºF and cook steaks for: 20 mins per 450g/½kg (1lb) + 20 mins – rare 25 mins per 450g/½kg (1lb) + 25 mins – medium 30 mins per 450g/½kg (1lb) + 30 mins – well done
- Remove the joint from marinade and place in a roasting pan and roast for about 50 minutes or weigh it and calculate the cooking time using guide opposite. Keep the marinade for later. Baste and turn occasionally.
- Remove and allow to stand for 5 minutes before carving (easier said than done when it looks so delicious).
- Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan and boil thoroughly.
- Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl, top with the sliced meat and serve drizzled with the heated marinade.