- Mix the marinade ingredients together. Take the joint and place in a dish. Add marinade and thoroughly coat. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC, 350ºF and cook steaks for: 20 mins per 450g/½kg (1lb) + 20 mins – rare 25 mins per 450g/½kg (1lb) + 25 mins – medium 30 mins per 450g/½kg (1lb) + 30 mins – well done
- Remove the joint from marinade and place in a roasting pan and roast for about 50 minutes or weigh it and calculate the cooking time using guide opposite. Keep the marinade for later. Baste and turn occasionally.
- Remove and allow to stand for 5 minutes before carving (easier said than done when it looks so delicious).
- Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan and boil thoroughly.
- Toss the salad ingredients together in a large bowl, top with the sliced meat and serve drizzled with the heated marinade.