- Preheat oven to Gas 4-5, 180ºC, 350ºF. First, grab a large oven proof roasting tray and heat it on the hob. Add the oil, garlic and shallots and brown a little (be careful because garlic burns easily).
- Then add the lamb shoulder and brown on all sides if possible, or as much as you can.
- Once the lamb is nicely coloured, add the spices,mulled wine and stock.
- Then cover with a lid or foil, place in the oven and leave for 2 hours – time to wrap some presents, or just relax with a glass of something festive.
- After 1 hour stir, add a little more stock or water if necessary. Return covered to the oven for a further hour or until the meat is falling apart, or until you’re able to resist it no longer!