Mini Welsh Lamb racks en croute
Share this page
Tuesday 9th June 2015
- 4 2 bone mini racks of Welsh lamb
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 50g (2oz) button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 50g (2oz) Ardennes pate
- 500g pre-made packet puff pastry
- Egg and milk glaze
- Preheat oven to Gas 6, 200ºC, 400ºF.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add the mini lamb racks and brown on all sides. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly.
- Divide pastry into 4 pieces and roll out into a rough square. Place the rack onto the pastry, top with a quarter of the mushrooms and pate. Brush edge of pastry with the glaze and fold pastry up and around the meat, leaving the cutlet bones exposed and tuck and fold the pastry underneath. Repeat making 4 en croutes.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with sautéed potatoes and seasonal vegetables or salad.