- Preheat oven to Gas 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof pan or casserole pot. Add the beef cubes and brown on all sides.
- Add the onion, garlic and fennel, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and allow to bubble for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock, herbs and olives, bring to the boil. Place the lid on the pot and place in oven.
- Cook for 1½ - 2 hours until the meat is tender. Add the tomatoes and stir through.
- Top with the baguette slices and scatter with feta cheese.
- Place back in the oven without lid, for 10 minutes until the cheese begins to soften. Scatter with parsley and serve with steamed green beans or large seasonal salad.