- Pre-heat oven to Gas 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Weigh the joint and work out the cooking time using these timings - Cooking times: Medium – 25 minutes per 450g/½kg (1lb) plus 25 minutes. Well done – 30 minutes per 450g/½kg (1lb) plus 30 minutes..
- Place leg of lamb in roasting pan. Spread the harissa paste all over the lamb and drizzle with oil. Roast, basting occasionally. If the harissa starts to catch fire – lightly cover the lamb with foil.
- About 30 minutes before the end of cooking add the carrots & place around the joint – coat in any of the juices.
- Place all the ingredients (except the almonds & fresh coriander) for the pilau in a large saucepan of boiling water.
- Cook according to pack instructions until rice is tender.
- Drain the rice and stir through almonds and fresh coriander.
- Allow the joint to rest before carving – Serve thickly sliced with carrots and almond pilau rice. It's a taste of North Africa, reared in Wales.