Leg of Welsh Lamb with coconut chilli and coriander
Share this page
Wednesday 10th June 2015
- 1 Boneless leg of Welsh Lamb
- 400ml (approx) can reduced fat coconut milk
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, grated rind and juice
- Remove strings and flatten out lamb. Place boneless leg of lamb into a shallow dish and add the marinade ingredients - thoroughly combine together, cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Remove from the marinade and thread metal skewers crisscrossing through the meat to keep flat.
- Cook on a lidded or covered barbecue - place flat onto the barbecue grid (not too close to the coals) turning frequently for about 40 - 50 minutes.
- Alternatively place directly onto the shelf in a preheated oven (gas mark 4-5, 180°C, 350°F, place a tray underneath to catch the drips) for about 40 - 50 minutes until browned on the outside and still a little pink in the centre.
- Take reserved marinade and boil thoroughly until thickened slightly - about 5 minutes, and serve drizzled over the lamb. Serve with Chinese stir-fry vegetables.