Herby Welsh Beef Noodle salad
Share this page
Thursday 4th June 2015
- 225g (8oz) Welsh Beef rump steaks
- 1tbsp Fresh coriander, chopped
- 1tbsp Fresh mint, chopped
- 1" Root ginger, peeled & cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 Lime, juice & rind
- 200g (8oz) Fine white ready to use noodles
- 3 Spring onions, sliced
- 3 Chinese leaves OR
- 2 Pak Choi, roughly sliced
- 1 Carrot, peeled & cut into fine sticks
- 1 Red pepper, de-seeded & cut into thin slivers
- 1tbsp Soy sauce
- 1tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat the griddle, pan or BBQ – it must be hot to cook the perfect steak! Take steak and season well on both sides.
- Place 2cm (3/4") steak on to the hot grill and cook to your liking, timings listed below. Place steaks on a plate to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss together the noodles and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Once rested cut steak into thick strips, add the herbs, ginger and lime and mix together in a bowl.
- Pour the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, olive oil, lime juice and rind into a bowl and whisk together or place in a screw top jar and shake well.
- Place everything together into a bowl, drizzle and serve.
- Timings relate to the thickness of the meat - thicker steaks will need an extra 1-2 minutes each side. Rare – 2 minutes each side Medium – 4 minutes each side Well done – 6 minutes each side