- Pre heat oven to 160°C / Gas 3 - 4
- Place the Welsh Lamb shoulder in a deep roasting tin.
- Place the garlic, seeds, and seasoning in a pestle and mortar and lightly crush. Add the oil, zest and juice of lemon and fresh herbs.
- Make a few slits in the surface of the shoulder and rub the herby mixture all over the surface. Add the water into the tin.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes until crust has browned then cover with foil and return to the oven for approximately 2½ hrs until the meat is very tender, basting occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 20 minutes. To pull / shred the meat use 2 forks to pull the meat off the bone.
- Delicious served in flatbreads with a minty yogurt dip and crispy salad. You can also serve the Welsh Lamb sliced with vegetables and gravy as a roast shoulder of Welsh Lamb.