Fun Mini Pizzas
Share this page
Friday 5th June 2015
- 2 bread muffins cut in half (you could use white, wholemeal or cheese muffins) or 4 mini pizza bases
- 30 ml (2tbsp) tomato puree
- 15 ml (1tbsp) tomato ketchup
- ½ of bolognaise mixture (see our Welsh Beef bolognese potato skins recipe)
- Selection of vegetables to make the faces - sweetcorn, peppers, mushrooms, courgettes
- You may also want to use; olives, pepperoni slices, 90g grated cheddar cheese, you can also use mozzarella slices.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C Gas Mark 6.
- In a small bowl mix together the tomato puree and tomato ketchup and spread a spoonful of this over the muffin halves.
- Put a spoonful of the cooled bolognese mixture on top of the tomato mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the bolognese.
- Use the other ingredients to make up your funny or animal faces - sliced olives are great for eyes, strips of thinly cut peppers for a lion's mane or hair.
- Carefully place them on a baking tray and cook in the oven until bubbling - 10-12 minutes.