Fruity Welsh Lamb curry with Christmas spices and mango
Share this page
Monday 8th June 2015
- 450g (1lb) lean Welsh Lamb shoulder cubes
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 30ml (2tbsp) garam masala
- 300ml (1/2pt) lamb stock
- 5ml (1tsp) cinnamon
- 2.5ml (½tsp) mixed spice
- 30ml (2tbsp) mango chutney
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- sliced red onions and chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan or casserole pot.
- Next, add the lamb cubes and brown on all sides. Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and spices, coating all the ingredients.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Cover with lid or foil and place in preheated oven for 1½-2 hours until meat is tender and sauce thickened. 10 minutes before the end of cooking add the mango.
- Serve with poppadoms and scatter with red onion and coriander.