French Welsh Lamb leg steak au poivre
Share this page
Tuesday 9th June 2015
- 2 - 4 lean Welsh lamb leg steaks
- 1tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1tsp olive oil
- 150ml (¼pt) red wine
- 60ml (4tbsp) double cream (optional)
- Place lamb steaks in a shallow dish. Add the peppercorns, garlic and olive oil. Mix the steak thoroughly in the mixture so that they are completely covered. Leave to infuse the flavours for 20 minutes if you have time.
- Preheat a frying pan or griddle pan until really hot. Add the steaks and cook for 2 minutes each side until browned. Add the red wine and allow to bubble.
- Leave the steaks in the reducing wine for about 2 minutes each side and then remove and keep warm. The wine should reduce by about half – for a creamy sauce add the cream or leave as a brown sauce.
- Serve the steaks, spoon over the sauce and serve with steamed asparagus and skinny fries.