Curry spiced boneless Shoulder of Welsh Lamb
Share this page
Tuesday 9th June 2015
- ½ lean shoulder of Welsh lamb
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g (approx) can chopped tomatoes
- 300ml (½pt) stock
- 15ml (1tbsp) ground cumin *
- 2.5ml (½tsp) cayenne pepper *
- 15ml (1tbsp) turmeric *
- 5ml (1tsp) ground ginger *
- *or use a 33g sachet of Bombay Potato dry mix
- Fresh coriander
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 6 small carrots, peeled or scrubbed
- ¼ swede, peeled and cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4, 180°C, 350°F.
- In a large non-stick wok or saucepan, heat oil and fry lamb shoulder until browned. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, vegetables, stock and spices. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer in preheated oven for 2-2½ hours until meat is soft and tender.
- Pull meat from the bone and serve in large chunks.
- Serve with Indian style vegetables, rice and naan bread.