- Slow cook the breast of lamb in the stock and star anise for 3 hours (can be done in oven in a lidded casserole dish or in slow cooker).
- When cooked, remove from the cooking liquid and cool.
- Mix all the ingredients for the glaze together.
- Insert 4-5 skewers through the lamb breasts and then cut carefully between the skewers making 4-5 slices.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c
- Place on a baking tin lined with bakewell paper, then brush over with the glaze mixture. Cook for 6 minutes in oven then turn the medallions and glaze the top and place in oven for further 6-8 minutes until piping hot and crispy.
- Serve with egg fried rice.