- Preheat oven to Gas 4-5, 180°C, 350°F.
- Take the joint, cut the strings and place the flat piece of meat on a board, score the fat with a sharp knife.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with two large pieces of foil. Add to this the stock, seasoning and spices.
- Place the meat onto the foil and tuck the foil around the joint so that the liquid is against the meat. Brush rind with a little oil and sprinkle with salt. Cover with foil and cook for about 2 hours (if top starts to over cook, cover with foil).
- When cooked carefully open foil, drizzle rind with honey and place under a preheated grill. Cook for about 5 minutes to crisp outside.
- Serve cut into thick slices and serve with Chinese style stir-fried vegetables and spring onion mash.