Citrus Welsh Beef rump stir fry
Share this page
Sunday 7th June 2015
- 225g (8oz) lean Welsh beef rump steak, cut into thin strips
- Rind and juice of ½ lime
- 5ml (1 tsp) fish sauce
- 5ml (1 tsp) soy sauce
- 5ml (1 tsp) sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 shallot or small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 50g (2oz) green beans, blanched in boiling water
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves
- 25g (1oz) salted peanuts, finely chopped
- Place beef strips in a bowl and add lime rind and juice, fish sauce, soy and sugar.
- Cover and marinate for 30-60 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat oil in a large wok or frying pan, add onion and garlic and lightly cook.
- Add meat and the marinade juices, and brown meat over a high heat, this should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add a pinch of sugar and allow the juices to bubble to reduce slightly.
- Add green beans and spring onions, toss well together.
- Finish by adding coriander leaves and peanuts.
- Serve on a bed of crispy fried rice noodles or steamed rice.