Chunky Welsh Beef chilli with chorizo, orange…and chocolate
Share this page
Thursday 4th June 2015
- 900g (2lb) lean Welsh Beef braisingcubes (braising steak, e.g. chuck or blade)
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g (approx) can chopped tomatoes
- 400g (approx) can kidney beans,drained and rinsed
- 150ml (¼pt) red wine
- 150ml (¼pt) beef stock
- 5ml (1tsp) chilli powder
- 5ml (1tsp) cumin
- 1 orange, juice and rind
- 50g (20oz) raw chorizo style sausage, skin removed and sliced
- 4 cubes dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to Gas 4, 180ºC, 375ºF.
- Take a large ovenproof casserole pot and place all the ingredients into the pot (except the chocolate).
- Stir well and combine all of the ingredients together.
- Place in preheated oven for about 2 hours until the meat is lovely and tender
- 20 minutes before the end of cooking stir in the chocolate.
- Serve in bowls with rice and a winter salad, or just dip with some pitta bread.