Chunky Welsh Beef Chilli
Share this page
Thursday 4th June 2015
- 450g (1lb) Lean Welsh Beef braising cubes
- 15ml (1tbsp) Oil
- 6 Shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 400g (approx) Can chopped tomatoes
- 400g (approx) Can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 150ml (¼pt) Passata
- 150ml (¼pt) Beef stock
- 10ml (2tsp) Chilli powder
For the Tomato Salsa:
- 2 Fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 Green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 Spring onion, sliced
- 30ml (2tbsp) Fresh coriander, chopped
- Sour cream to serve
- Heat oven to Gas 4, 180°C, 350°F.
- Take a large ovenproof casserole pot heat oil and brown the meat on all sides.
- Add the shallots, chilli and garlic and lightly soften.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (except for salsa ingredients) and stir well and combine all of the ingredients together.
- Place in preheated oven for about 2-2½ hours until the meat is tender.
- Serve in bowls with rice, tomato salsa and dollops of sour cream.