Christmas Welsh Lamb Nachos
Share this page
Monday 8th June 2015
- 450g (1lb) lean Welsh Lamb mince
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 400g (approx) chopped tomatoes
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 5ml (1tsp) chilli powder
- 5ml (1tsp) allspice
- 400g (approx) red kidney beans, drained
- 30ml (2tbsp) tomato ketchup
- 175g approx tortilla chips
- 50g (2oz) Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 2 clementines, peeled, sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 lime, rind and juice removed
- small handful fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and lightly crushed
- Dry fry the Welsh Lamb mince in a small pan until browned with the onion and garlic (place the mince in cold pan & increase the heat – the meat will cook in its own juices). Add the tinned tomatoes, chilli, allspice, beans, ketchup and seasoning. Simmer on a low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
- Make the Clementine salsa: Place all the ingredients together in a bowl, mix well together. Cover & leave for flavours to infuse.
- Layer tortillas and mince mixture in dish. Sprinkle with stilton and place under preheated hot grill for about 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Serve the nachos with a large dollop of Clementine salsa.