Christmas Welsh Beef Meatballs
Share this page
Thursday 4th June 2015
450g (1lb) lean minced Welsh Beef
2 cloves garlic, crushed
For the sauce:
1tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
400g can of chopped tomatoes
1tbsp tomato ketchup
150ml (¼pt) mulled wine
50g (2oz) stilton and mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- Pre-heat your oven to Gas Mark 5, 190˚C, 375˚F.
- Mix together all of the meatball ingredients and shape into about 16 meatballs.
- Now heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic for about 4 minutes. Once the onion and garlic have begun to soften, add in the rest of the sauce ingredients.
- Place the meatballs into the pan with the sauce and bring to the boil.
- When the meatballs have set and changed colour, carefully transfer them into a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle half the meatball dish with stilton and the other half with mozzarella – half for the adults and half for the children (depending on everyone’s taste’s).
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden, and the meatballs have cooked through.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve the meatballs with toasted pitta breads and coleslaw.