Chinese Welsh Lamb bubble and squeak cakes
Share this page
Sunday 7th June 2015
- 225g (8oz) lean Welsh Lamb cooked, cut into small cubes
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2.5cm (1”) root ginger, peeled and cut into thin slivers
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into thin slivers
- 5ml (1tsp) Chinese five spice
For the Drizzling sauce:
- 60ml (4tbsp) hoisin sauce
- 60ml (4tbsp) apple juice
- Place potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook until tender. Drain and roughly mash.
- In a large bowl mix together the Welsh Lamb, potato, spring onions, ginger, carrot, five spice and seasoning. Take large handfuls of the mixture and shape into flat cakes. Dust with flour and chill slightly.
- Mix together the hoisin and apple juice to make a drizzling sauce. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry Welsh Lamb cakes for 3-4 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Serve on a bed of pak choi leaves with a pot of drizzling sauce.