Chinese Welsh Beef Salad with soy citrus dressing
Share this page
Sunday 7th June 2015
- 225g (8oz) lean Welsh mince beef
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½" root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 100ml citrus fruit juice (a mixture of orange and grapefruit or just orange)
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 little gem lettuces, cut into thin wedges
For the dressing:
- 3tbsp citrus fruit juice
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp olive oil
- Heat oil in a large wok or deep frying pan.
- Add beef mince and cook until browned.
- Add garlic and ginger, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 5 spice and season, coat mince with the spice.
- Add fruit juice and cook quickly until juice has reduced to a thin gravy about 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make dressing - mix together fruit juice, soy and oil.
- Arrange on a serving plate the pepper, spring onions and lettuce
- Top with the mince and drizzle with the dressing.
- Serve with crusty bread or boiled noodles.