Chinese Style Welsh Meatball Broth
Share this page
Saturday 6th June 2015
- 450g (1lb) lean minced Welsh beef
- 15ml (1tbsp) fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 15ml (1tbsp) horseradish sauce
- 15ml (1tbsp) olive oil
- 600ml (1pt) vegetable stock
- 15ml (1tbsp) soy sauce
- 2cm (1") root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 small baby pak choi (or 1 whole pack choi, cut into chunks)
- 50g (2oz) frozen peas
- 50g (2oz) beansprouts
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Place lean beef mince into a bowl with fresh parsley and horseradish sauce. Mix together thoroughly and shape into around 18 balls.
- Heat in a large pan olive oil, add the meatballs gradually and brown off on all sides. Add vegetable stock, soy and ginger.
- Simmer for 30 minutes (skim off any fat on the top of the broth) and then add pak choi, frozen peas, beansprouts, and radishes heat through.
- Serve in bowls scattered with spring onions.