Brisket of Welsh Beef Slowly Pot Roasted with Ginger Beer
Share this page
Saturday 6th June 2015
- 1.25kg (2½ lb) lean Welsh brisket beef, boned and rolled
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, quartered or 6 whole shallots, peeled
- 300ml (½ pt) ginger beer
- 300ml (½ pt) beef stock
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 3, 170°C, 325°F.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the joint and brown all sides. Place in a deep 3.4 litre (6pt) ovenproof casserole. Add garlic and onions and season well.
- Add ginger beer and stock. Cover and cook for 2 hours.
- Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and carrots in ginger butter.