BBQ Welsh Beef Waldorf salad
Share this page
Thursday 4th June 2015
- 450g (1lb) Welsh Beef rump steaks
- Small knob of butter
- 1 cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 green eating apple, cored and sliced
- 3 sticks celery, sliced
- 50g (2oz) green grapes, halved
- 50g (2oz) red grapes, halved
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 50g (2oz) walnuts
- 30ml (2tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml (2tbsp) walnut or sunflower oil
- 30ml (2tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 5ml (1tsp) Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- 30ml (2tbsp) walnuts, finely chopped
- Take steak and season well on both sides. Place in a hot griddle pan, under a hot grill or preheated BBQ. Cook: 2 minutes each side – rare 4 minutes each side – medium 5 minutes each side - well done.
- Place steaks on a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Place a small knob of butter on top of each steak.
- Meanwhile, toss the fruits and vegetables together in a large bowl. Place dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk together or place in a screw top jar and shake. Slice steaks into thick strips. Stack the salad onto plates and serve topped with steak. Drizzle over a little dressing and serve.