Balsamic glazed Welsh Lamb served with rosemary baby potatoes
Share this page
Thursday 21st December 2017
- 4 individual portions mini Welsh Lamb rumps – fat scored
- 1 tbsp oil for frying
- 450g baby potatoes – halved
- 1 tbsp oil for coating potatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Rosemary sprigs (3-5)
- 1 tbsp red currant jelly to serve or add to gravy
- 125ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Make up the marinade by combining the vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic and seasoning. Add the lamb pieces and rub the marinade into the lamb and the scored fat. Leave to stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the oil, chopped rosemary, salt and pepper, then add the potatoes and stir well.
- Heat a pan (suitable for the oven), add the oil and fry the lamb rumps fat side down for a few minutes until brown, then turn to sear all surfaces of the lamb. Add the potatoes to the pan, fry until lightly browned. Add the rosemary springs and then transfer to the oven to finish cooking for approximately 20 -25 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
- Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes before carving. While resting make a gravy and stir the redcurrant jelly into the gravy.
- Serve with green vegetables (eg. broccoli).